Sunday, February 6

Walking is easy.....

Cancer is not.  That's how the ad goes. 

My friend Sarah disagrees.  She has fused discs in her back, and even sitting is hard.  Barbara and Elizabeth were in a very bad car accident, and Elizabeth has recently had surgery that makes walking hard for her.  They probably disagree.

But I can walk.  I've had back problems that have made it difficult to do.  But I had cancer.  I can speak from experience - walking is easier.  So, for Sarah, Barbara and Elizabeth, I walk as you aren't able.

But all the things you miss. Friday, when the sun was trying to come out, and the temperature hovered around 10C, the air was fresh, the tree frogs were singing and walking was the best thing on earth! 

Especially as I left the dogs at home.  No stopping and peeing or smelling the trees, no barking or pulling at the leash.  Just quiet walking.  No ipod.  

Walking is easy. And peaceful.  And I better go do it now!!  60km to conquer in August. 

If not now, when?   RJ

4 comments:

  1. Well, walking was very wet this morning! We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you stopping and peeing? Don't you just hate that. Way to visit the washroom before you left the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kiddo, just found your blog thanks to Krista's post. Sigh wish I was sewing with you.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post. great attitude. keep walking!!

    ReplyDelete