Wednesday, November 23

It's been a busy week....

This was my commute on Monday morning.  A lovely 40 minute ferry ride to Victoria.  It was not without bumps.  The wind was starting it's attack on south west BC. 

I watched the school boat behind us - the waves were about 1 metre high.  I would not be a happy kid on that boat.  There are  snow days when you stay home because of snow - could there be a wave day?

So while I was off on the high seas, S was stranded on the island.  The weather was too rough for the Queen of Nanaimo to leave port on Salt Spring.  So he spent the day waiting to see if the ferry would leave that evening.  I won't keep you in suspense - it did.   For those of you who have been to our beach, here's what it looked like on Monday.  I've never seen the tide so high! The beach was no more.
Bennett Bay Nov 21




Meanwhile, back in Victoria, I was reclining in luxury at the Laurel Point Inn.  It's a lovely hotel on the waterfront.  The bathroom size never ceases to amaze me.  The view is not bad either.  

Erickson Wing room before I messed it up
BIG Bathroom (11 x 13ft - I measured)





Last but not least, I guess the Christmas season has really started.  The Laurel Point was hosting a gingerbread house contest as I arrived.  Here are some of the amazing entries. 


I said it's been a busy week - but it's only WEDNESDAY!  Just so much going on.  I'm off to celebrate American Thanksgiving with some of my quilting peeps on Friday.  Border line ups be damned.  Target and their $5 Christmas t-shirts are calling.  I think this is our 6th annual get-away.  We're lucky to have a cabin by the lake to stay in, just north of Burlington.  Pictures and stories to come. 


Enjoy the rest of the week.  Wear weighted boots if you don't want to fly away.

1 comment:

  1. You got to stay at Laurel Point! Jelly! My friend did the award-winning interior design on the lobby and bar (I think).
    Nice to have you blogging so I know what you're up to. Have a wonderful time at the lake this weekend.

    ReplyDelete