Thursday, August 9

If I could lift 5000 lbs...

I would be in the Olympics. Or be my husband.   

We had a whack of trees taken down earlier this year, and their carcasses have been reclining in the yard.   Yesterday, S loaded them in the trailer and hauled them over to a 'guy' who will mill them for us, so we have siding for the (offending) pump house.  When it's fit and ready to be sided, of course.

Here's one load, ready to go.  To move 5000lbs of tree took three trailer loads, lots of sweat, possibly some blood, but no tears.   I was conveniently in Victoria for the day so  didn't help one iota.  And therefore, I'm also unable to comment on any blood loss or tears shed. I just guessed about the sweat.


Otherwise, we've been spending some lovely sunny days sitting on the deck with the tree frogs and hummingbirds, or on the beach with the schnauzers.


Spot the schnauzer: 


  
And finally, one of our favourite driftwood gathering beaches:






Enjoy your day! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Rebecca! No doubt there was sweat involved in moving those logs. The offending shed will look much better clad in the wood from those babies! Then it can be offensive and pretty all at the same time ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there is my doggie's twin! :). Rebecca I can't email replies to you, your blogger is no reply and I just figured out you likely haven't got the messages I've sent, so thought I would come say hi over here. Send me your email address! You can get me at ocdcrafter(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete